Learn to Color Soap Naturally with Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria)
Indigo comes in many “flavors” that cause confusion and frustration for soap makers. With the various botanicals that are generically called “indigo” and the fact that Indigofera tinctoria comes in two forms, it’s no wonder novice to advanced soap makers can scream in frustration with this amazing natural colorant. Let’s silence those screams and get back to enjoying a lovely natural bath filled with blue soaps!
Here’s a short list of everything that’s included:
- Details on the botanical “Indigofera Tinctoria”: why it’s green, why it’s blue, how to “maybe” extract blue from the green powder (and why I say don’t bother)
- Explore over a dozen indigo colors that you can obtain with Indigofera tinctoria in cold process soap.
- See color shifts from milk and the gel phase.
- Learn my micro batching soap color testing process (recipe and formulation included!!)
- A rather unexpected chat on cafeteria trays.
- Watch as I admit a giant fail and how it was saved on Day 3.
- BONUS CONTENT:
- Explore the butterfly swirl design with two butterfly soaps
- My favorite double butter soap recipe with a creamy dream lather
- EXTENSION CLASSES: all Master Class LIVE courses are supplemented with extension classes to further explore the botanicals and all of their soapy colors. You’ll have full access to the extension classes as they are released.
To make this a true master class, I’ve included color updates at 1 week old and fully cured. PLUS lather tests to verify if they bleed, stain, or color the lather.
Wondering if Master Class Sessions are for You?
These multi-day live stream sessions are fun filled virtual gatherings of soapy friends where we focus on testing and learning out featured colorant(s). I’ll be doing all of the work (and the dishes!) while you sit back, enjoy a glass of wine (or cup of tea), while laughing and conversing with soapy friends…. and winning prizes from the class sponsor!!
A typical session set includes:
- A three day seminar, approximately 1-hour each day
- Day 1: An overview of the botanicals (where they are from, history, and more) and how to extract their magical colors
- Day 2: A flurry of super fun soapmaking, blending, and testing. (this class runs about 1.5 hours as I try to answer all questions while making soap at the same time!)
- Day 3: Unmolding, assessing, and QA sessions
- PRIZES!!! Yup, I give out prizes each day during the live sessions!
- Follow ups include color inspections after the soaps have cured, and lather tests
- Extension classes which include follow up testing discussed in the live sessions, additional colors testing, and more!
- All classes are recorded and uploaded to the course "replay". When you purchase the Master Class, you have lifetime access to all course content, video replays, and extension classes. WooHooo!
- After the live event, soapers can purchase the replay and have access to all content.
- Replays are typically uploaded 1-2 weeks after a live event.
For the live sessions:
- Zoom, an internet connection, and a streaming device (tablet, phone, or computer), are all required to participate in the live sessions. Soapy Friends is not responsible for technical issues on your device, software, or Zoom services.
- Live sessions will be recorded and a replay will be available a few weeks after the session concludes.
- By attending the live session, you may appear in the replay videos.
- All Live and Replay participants will have lifetime access to the course through this website.
- Giveaways will take place live, during the sessions. Must be present to participate and claim prizes.
- Prizes are supplied by the session sponsor and recipients will be provided with information to claim prize by through the sponsor. Soapy Friends is not responsible for prize transactions once recipient as been put in contact with the sponsor.