Learn to Color Soap Naturally with Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria)
Indigo comes in many “flavors” that cause confusion and frustration for soap makers. With the various botanicals that are generically called “indigo” and the fact that Indigofera tinctoria comes in two forms, it’s no wonder novice to advanced soap makers can scream in frustration with this amazing natural colorant. Let’s silence those screams and get back to enjoying a lovely natural bath!
This Master Class LIVE series consisted of three seminars that explain all things Indigo. The live classes concluded on October 28th, 2022, and the replays are now available. Here’s a short list of everything that’s included in the replay:
- Details on the botanical, why it’s green, why it’s blue, how to “maybe” extract blue from the green powder (and why I say don’t bother)
- Explore over a dozen colors you can obtain with Indigofera tinctoria in cold process soap.
- See color shifts from milk and the gel phase.
- Learn my micro batching soap color testing process (recipe and formulation included!!)
- A rather unexpected chat on cafeteria trays.
- Watch as I admit a giant fail and how it was saved on Day 3.
- BONUS CONTENT:
- Explore the butterfly swirl design with two butterfly soaps
- My favorite double butter soap recipe with a creamy dream lather
To make this a true master class, I’ll also be posting color updates 1 week later and once the soap has cured. PLUS we’ll do some lather tests on our soaps to verify if they bleed, stain, or color the lather. All participants will have access to color updates as soon as it’s posted to the site.
For the live sessions:
- Zoom, an internet connection, and a streaming device (tablet, phone, or computer), are all required to participate in the live sessions. Soapy Friends is not responsible for technical issues on your device, software, or Zoom services.
- Live sessions will be recorded and a replay will be available a few weeks after the session concludes.
- By attending the live session, you may appear in the replay videos.
- All Live and Replay participants will have lifetime access to the course through this website.
- Giveaways will take place live, during the sessions. Must be present to participate and claim prizes.
- Prizes are supplied by AnneGeorges and recipients will be provided with information to claim prize by through AnneGeorges.com. Beyondness Kit valued at $19.50. Coupons redeemable at AnneGeorges.com
Anonymous (Verified Soapy Friend) –
So much information