Featured colorants in this master class include: Madder Root, Annatto, Indigo, and Activated Charcoal. This master class live will feature blending colors, color theory, and color shades! We’ll create a collection of greens, oranges, yellows, and all the shades we can find!
Here’s a run down of what will be included:
- Multiple Lessons including over 3 hours of video, detailed photos, color comparisons, and of course soap making!
- Take a deep dive into understanding how to test botanicals for maceration and use in soaps.
- Discover an array of soapy colors.
- Discussion on the featured botanicals including their background & where they come from… and yes, how to best incorporate them into soap
- Learn my micro-batch testing methods
- Color updates 1 week later and once the soaps have cured. PLUS we’ll do some lather tests on our soaps to verify if they bleed, stain, or color the lather. All participants will have access to color updates as soon as they are posted to the site.
- Lifetime access to all content.
Wondering if Master Class Sessions are for You?
These multi-day live stream sessions are fun filled virtual gatherings of soapy friends where we focus on testing and learning out featured colorant(s). I’ll be doing all of the work (and the dishes!) while you sit back, enjoy a glass of wine (or cup of tea), while laughing and conversing with soapy friends…. and winning prizes from the class sponsor!!
A typical session set includes:
- A three day seminar, approximately 1-hour each day
- Day 1: An overview of the botanicals (where they are from, history, and more) and how to extract their magical colors
- Day 2: A flurry of super fun soapmaking, blending, and testing. (this class runs about 1.5 hours as I try to answer all questions while making soap at the same time!)
- Day 3: Unmolding, assessing, and QA sessions
- PRIZES!!! Yup, I give out prizes each day during the live sessions!
- Follow up recordings include color inspections after the soaps have cured, and lather tests with any follow up testing discussed in the live sessions.
- All classes are recorded and uploaded to the course "replay". When you purchase the Master Class, you have lifetime access to the replay videos and all course content. WooHooo!
- After the live event, soapers can purchase the replay and have access to all content.
- Replays are typically uploaded 1-2 weeks after the event.
For the live sessions:
- Zoom, an internet connection, and a streaming device (tablet, phone, or computer), are all required to participate in the live sessions. Soapy Friends is not responsible for technical issues on your device, software, or Zoom services.
- Live sessions will be recorded and a replay will be available a few weeks after the session concludes.
- By attending the live session, you may appear in the replay videos.
- All Live and Replay participants will have lifetime access to the course through this website.
- Giveaways will take place live, during the sessions. Must be present to participate and claim prizes.
- Prizes are supplied by the session sponsor and recipients will be provided with information to claim prize by through the sponsor. Soapy Friends is not responsible for prize transactions once recipient as been put in contact with the sponsor.