In my book, The Natural Soap Color Palette, I discuss how to extract the color of out nature and put it into your soap with infusions, teas, and slurries. And now, we’re diving deeper into the subject as I show you exactly how I do it with in-person videos PLUS bonus tips!
Here are just some of the topic covered in this water soluble botanical colors handmade soap master class:
- How to determine if you should use oil or water to extract your colors.
- How to see if the “lye monster” will turn your color brown.
- Exactly how to make and use slurries to color your handmade soaps.
- Exactly how to make and use teas and decoctions in your handmade soaps.
- Gain a better understanding about water content when formulating handmade soap recipes.
- And best of all…. the master class includes a final video wrap up of all of our soaps where we discuss the results of all of our hard (and fun) work so you can apply your new found soapy expertise to any water soluble botanical!
And, since we can’t make soap without making art (well, you could, but art is half the fun!) you’ll also receive the following mini-tutorials within each video lesson:
- The heat transfer method.
- Drop swirls.
- Drizzle swirl tops.
- Decorating soap tops with dry botanicals.
- Basic Taiwan swirl
- Essential oil anchoring with clay slurries