Learn to color soaps with botanical slurries
Here’s what you’ll learn in this soapy tutorial:
- How to determine if you should use oil or water to extract your colors.
- How to see if the “lye monster” will turn your color brown.
- Exactly how to make and use slurries to color your handmade soaps.
- Understand how much liquid to use in your slurry.
- Gain a better understanding about water content when formulating handmade soap recipes.
And, since we can’t make soap without making art (well, you could, but art is half the fun!) you’ll also receive the following mini-tutorials on in the video lessons:
- Basic Taiwan swirl
- Essential oil anchoring with clay slurries