Learn to color soap naturally with oil infusions.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this soapy tutorial:
- How to determine if you should use oil or water to extract your colors.
- How to tell if the “lye monster” will turn your color brown.
- Exactly how to make and use oil infusions to color your handmade soaps. (including exactly how much botanical you should be using).
- Explore using hot infusions, cold infusions, and a hybrid infusion that can cut your “oil infusing wait time” down to as little as one week!
- Tackle one of the most difficult botanicals, alkanet, and make perfect purples every time! You’ll be able to apply this knowledge to any botanical you want to infuse for soap colors.
p.s. No, this isn’t a basic “here’s how to make a hot infusion, and here’s a cold infusion”. This is a full course on all types of oil infusions, discussing when they are appropriate to use, and how to “cheat” them with hybrid infusions to optimize your soap production (and to get great colors of course!)
And, since we can’t make soap without making art (well, you could, but art is half the fun!) you’ll also receive the following mini-tutorials on in the video lessons:
- Drop Swirl Design
- Coloring portions of batter with botanical powders.